As the April and May trips approach, I have had a lot of communication with people who have been applying for Visas. Here is some additional information for those who have not applied yet.
1. The Visa form is found online at: http://evisa.mfa.uz/evisa_en/
- You will need a separate form for each person.
2. Fill this out online and print it. You need to send this in together with your passport.
Most of the questions are self-explanatory, but some will seem baffling. Here is some information you might require:
3. Length of Visa – I suggest you have your visa start on the day you plan to arrive – and get a few extra days at the end in case of a delayed departure. The cost of a Visa is £50 for up to 15 days.
4. Number of entries: We will only be entering Uzbekistan ONCE.
(If you have decided to extend you trip to one of the neighbouring countries and plan to pass through Uzbekistan again on your return you will next extra entries according to your itinerary).
5. Duration of Visa procedure: The Normal procedure should be OK for most of us. This typically takes up to 10 days. If you are in a rush – then you can choose the Urgent procedure – but this will cost more.
6. Route in Uzbekistan: Choose: Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara
7. Purpose of Visit: Tourism
8. Inviting Party: You do not need an inviting party if you are applying with a passport of the following countries: Great Britain, USA, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic and Switzerland
However, as the form won’t let you leave this space empty, you should enter the name of our agent in Uzbekistan, who is: Advantour: Mirobod - 1 str, 47а Tashkent 100015
- If you are travelling on a passport not listed here please let me know. I will have our agent issue a ‘Letter of Invitation’ which you will need before you can apply for your Visa.
9. Address in Uzbekistan. You should use the address of the first hotel we will be staying at: This is:
Lotte City Tashkent Palace: Buyuk Turon kochasi 56, Tashkent 700029
Accompanied persons: Do not list anyone here unless you are both travelling on the same passport. If you are travelling with your partner who has their own passport, you will need to fill out a separate form. There is a link to this at the end of the form.
Occupation. This is a difficult one. There is a dropdown list – that doesn't seem to include any of the things that most of us do. If appropriate choose ‘Retired’, ‘unemployed’ or ‘Individual enterprise’.
This is based on the feedback of some people who have already tried to get the Visa:
Up-loading pictures: Many people have difficulty with this. You can ignore this. You will need to enclose 2 passport size pictures with your application in any case.
Photocopy of Passport. They expect you to photocopy your passport including the main page and every page with a stamp or visa on it.
Payment. You will need a Postal Order for the full fee. The cost depends on the length of your Visa. See http://www.uzbekembassy.org/e/visa_fees/ for details. They do not accept cheques.
You can either deliver and collect your passport in person – or send it by post. They recommend using Special Delivery – which I did when I applied for my visa. You will need to include a prepaid and pre-addressed Special Delivery envelope if you intend to use this service.
I have been told that if you are applying for a friend, you will need a letter of authorisation. Keep this in mind if one person is going down with several passports.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or if you have any other advice you can share with the rest of the group.
Comments: CLICK HERE